Catalan independence is the subject of three centuries of contention dating to the 1714 conquest of Barcelona by King Philip V of Spain. Catalans have a distinct language and culture from the rest of Spain, and their independence efforts were subject to particularly brutal repression during the mid-century regime of military dictator Francisco Franco. In 2006, Catalonia was granted the designation of "nation," but four years later, Spain's highest court reversed that rule, deeming that Catalans have a special "nationality" but not their own "nation." The Spanish constitution says Spain is "indivisible."
I totally disagree with this article and it’s very misleading and the information is totally wrong. When you as a buyer or seller sign an agreement to be represented by an agent, the agent will be deemed by law to be a fiduciary (same level of other fiduciaries for example: executors, trustees and guardians) and the agent will have the following duties or obligations:
1) loyalty ( agent is obligated to act at all times solely in the best interests of his/her client to the exclusion of all other interests, including the agent’s own self-interest).
2) confidentiality (This duty of confidentiality precludes an representing a seller from disclosing to a buyer that the seller can, or must, sell his property below the listed price. Also, an agent representing a buyer is prohibited from disclosing to a seller that the buyer can, or will, pay more for a property than has been offered).
3) disclosure (an agent is obligated to disclose to his/her client all relevant and material information that the agent knows and that pertains to the scope of the agency).
4) obedience (an agent is obligated promptly and efficiently all lawful instructions from his/her clients).
5) reasonable care and diligence ( an agent representing you in your real estate dealings, is under a duty to use his superior skill and knowledge while pursuing his/her client’s affairs). This is the same duty
any professional, such as a doctor or lawyer, owes to his patient or client.
6) accounting (an agent is obligated to account for all money or property belonging to his/her client that is entrusted to the agent. This duty compels an agent to safeguard any money, deeds, or other documents entrusted to the agent that relate to his client’s transactions or affairs.
One of the most important things you can do is to make a checklist as you search for, find and buy a home. By keeping on top of your game-plan at all times you will greatly increase your chances of success. To save time, bookmark this page and refer to the following checklist frequently. Follow the links, print out this checklist and let it increase your house buying effectiveness. The market for buying a home has changed immeasurably in the last couple of years so the preparation that you do for your house purchase is essential.